“You’ve probably known activists who spend the bulk of their energy fighting with other activists they’re already 95 percent in agreement with over that remaining 5 percent sliver of disagreement. Sigmund Freud called it the “narcissism of small differences"—for the purposes of affirming your identity, the most tempting fight is often the one that helps distinguish you from your ideological neighbors.”

Julia Galef, The Scout Mindset